Re: Upgrading oracle 8i to 10g

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2005 16:24:26 +0100

What version of 8i?
If you make sure you are on 8.1.7.4 <http://8.1.7.4> then you can upgrade directly using the database upgrade assistant, which on 10g is actually really rather good. If you aren't you need to upgrade to 8174 first.

If you wish to do a manual upgrade I believe that the migration guide has a step by step - certainly the 10g patchsets have such step by step instructions.

As always make sure you do this in test to begin with.

On 6/2/05, Sony Kristanto <zettira_at_lycos.com> wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I've plan to upgrade my oracle 8i database to oracle 10g. Could you pls
> hel=
> p me what I need to do step by step.
> Just make a sure there is no problem during installation and my database
> ca=
> n runs like before.
>
> TIA,
>
> Sony
>
> --=20
> NEW! Lycos Dating Search. The only place to search multiple dating sites
> at=
> once.
> http://datingsearch.lycos.com

Niall Litchfield