Re: RBS not using

From: Dennis Williams <oracledba.williams_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2005 08:17:55 -0500

Onkar - You are correct, that the data blocks your transaction is modifying are all using RBS01. You have thusly commanded Oracle. But that just has to do with modifying blocks. As Jeremiah points out, the ORA-01555 is caused by READING from the database. When other transactions have modified blocks that you need to read, those transactions may have used other rollback segments. Read the article, it is less than a page long.

Dennis Williams