Re: Oracle RAC cost justification?

From: Yechiel Adar <adar76_at_inter.net.il>
Date: Fri, 03 Jun 2005 12:21:48 +0200

We are going with RAC now due to business needs. We are a medium bank, ~100 branches, and we are going to implement an imaging system for checks.
All the checks are sent to the information center, and are scanned and the images are put in Oracle db.
Each morning about 3-4 people in each branch needs to go over the checks that were issued against the accounts they manage. Then they OK or reject the checks.
If the server goes down during that period all hell breaks loose. So we are going with RAC and TAF, since most of the work is reading data from the database.

Oh, the database is on a SAN, with real time copy to DR site, over fiber.

Adar Yechiel
Rechovot, Israel