RE: Taf issue in 9i rac on redhat linux 3

From: Christian Antognini <Christian.Antognini_at_trivadis.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2005 09:07:25 +0200

Arun

>If one of the nodes freezes(like powering down the

>node)the TAF clients are taking a very long time to

>failover to the working node almost i can say around

>10 to 15 mins

I don't know if it's relevant for your problem, anyway, with LOAD_BALANCE=ON I was able to reproduce at will the following problem by one of my customers a couple of years ago (was 9.2.0.4, I think...).

Let's say we have two nodes. Node A is much more loaded than node B (I know, it should not happen since LOAD_BALANCE=ON, but we work with real systems...). Now, when node B crashes (e.g. powered off...), the new connections should go to node A. But, the listener on node A is still thinking that node B is there AND is less loaded. Therefore they are forwarded to node B... Since node B is not up and running the client gets a nice error!

We find only two methods to solve this problem:

Therefore, IMO, you should do some tests without LOAD_BALANCE=ON.

HTH Chris