RE: Oracle RAC cost justification?

From: David <thump_at_cosmiccooler.org>
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2005 18:38:18 -0700

SMP machines don't scale in a linear fashion after a certain numbers of CPU's(Long ago I was told 14). That is why I was lead to believe MPP/RAC/OPS/RAC/Grid/Mesh was introduced.

With the right design it made and makes perfect sense.

Alas, Oracle has revamped it and marketed as in a way that makes execs = go,
wow cheap solution to big expensive SMP machines...well there are holes = in
that cheese.

It has it's place...just not many.
David