RE: Upgrading oracle 8i to 10g

From: Andre van Winssen <awinssen_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2005 21:10:57 +0200

Hi Sony,

>> Just make a sure there is no problem during installation and my=20
>> database runs like before.

If you are talking about a production system that should run like before then I suggest you practice first on TNA (test 'n acceptance).=20

Export in 8i & import in 10g is my preferred method since you would not inherit any migration bugs but instead start with a fresh new database. = But
sometimes it is not feasible, especially with tables that have LONG = (RAW)
datatyped columns and populated with huge amounts of rows.

Kind regards,
Andre van Winssen