Re: Insert/updates

From: Chris Stephens <cstephens16_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2005 14:16:15 -0400

There is no way to speed up inserts that doesn't introduce factors that need to be carefully considered. i.e. recoverability, availability.

You can:

  use append hint
 =20
  do the operation with nologging

  drop the indexes on the target table or set the indexes to unusable and set
  skip_unusable_indexes at the session level=20

  make use of partition exchange

  make user of oracle's table renaming ability

  make use of pl/sql's bulk operations (if the insert logic cannot be done in sql)

There are probably other possibilities as well.