Re: Semi-OT: It's the Code, Stupid!

From: <ryan_gaffuri_at_comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2005 17:23:28 +0000

I've been doing some thinking about database independence. The primary call for it is that supposedly it lowers cost because you can move to a cheaper database, etc... This means that virtually the entire cost is labor. So if you really want to save money database independent projects should be done offshore at low wages. If the DB independence crowd was truly honest they would be going to their managers asking to have their jobs offshored.