Setting back the clock

From: Eric Buddelmeijer <Eric.Buddelmeijer_at_elegant.nl>
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2005 18:29:24 +0200

Hello all,

We have some sun database servers that have been transferred to the UK while they originally have been configured in the Netherlands. The SA wants to set the timezone to BST while it now is set to CEST, which means the displayed time will be set back by 1 hour. Will this change affect anything in the database? My concern lies mainly with SCN's and point in time recovery. The database is not used very much yet, so it will be possible to leave the database down for an hour. Can we just stop the database, adjust the time and restart the database? What would be the save approach?

TIA,
Eric.