RE: RMAN incomplete recovery environment setup?

From: Mercadante, Thomas F (LABOR) <Thomas.Mercadante_at_labor.state.ny.us>
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2005 09:35:45 -0400

As far as I'm concerned, you don't need either of these things set. NLS_LANG is already defaulted to your Oracle installation (and the database when you created it). Likewise with NLS_DATE_FORMAT.

Rman runs under the Oracle installation on your database server. The only time you need to worry about environmentals is when you have multiple oracle homes installed on your server - you just need to make sure your oracle home matches the database you are running against.

To answer your question - no. Rman recovery will work fine.