Poor Performance of Nested Tables

From: Madhavi Kanugo <MKanugo_at_ibasis.net>
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2005 09:17:55 -0400

Hello All,

We have a table which has 2 Nested Tables and a VarArray as columns besides other datatypes. This table holds 2 million records. When deleting records from this table, we noticed that it does a Full Table scan of the Nested tables for each and every row we are deleting resulting in very poor performance.

Does anyone have any good suggestions on how we can improve performance for this? Anyone encountered this situation before?

Thanks in advance,

Madhavi