RMAN incomplete recovery environment setup?

From: dba1 mcc <mccdba1_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2005 11:24:06 -0700 (PDT)

I am study on ORACLE 9i RMAN "incomplete recovery" document and it mention:

  Insure that NLS_LANG and NLS_DATE_FORMAT environment variables are set appropriately:

$NLS_LANG=AMERICAN_AMERICA.WE8MSWIN1252
$NLS_DATE_FORMAT='YYYY-MM-DD:HH24:MI:SS'
My question are:

  1. is it required?
  2. on RMAN "Complete recovery", I did not see document say that. Do I need also specify those variables on "RMAN complete recovery"?
  3. How about "hot backup/recovery"?

Thanks

Discover Yahoo!
Use Yahoo! to plan a weekend, have fun online and more. Check it out! http://discover.yahoo.com/