RE: RAC configuration Sun Cluster v. Veritas

From: Steve McClure <smcclure_at_usscript.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2005 10:16:56 -0700

>>Steve,

>>You've narrowed it down quite nicely in your requirements. You mentioned
>>"either Oracle9i or 10g", and that is the key ambiguity, so to speak.

I should have clarified that a bit more. My thinking was that we would use 9i unless we went with the Sun Cluster and had to go with (or so I thought) 10g for file management options. I just didn't see a way to break things down as clearly as you did when I was posting.

It seems that the Veritas Storage Foundation solution makes a lot of sense in that it is a more mature product than the Sun/Oracle solutions. I'm starting to consider the Veritas configuration as the way to go, unless our research into the other approaches shows one of them to be clearly superior for our exact situation. A former manager said that it is great to be a pioneer, but you have to keep in mind that a lot of pioneers ended up with arrows in their backs. Proven solutions do have their merits.

Thanks for the help,

Steve McClure