Re: How to turn on Archive redo log mode for 10g

From: Oracle <all_about_oracle_at_hotpop.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2005 16:37:15 +0800

Finally yes,

I am new with 10g, 2 things that new for me to change the path of the archive should be like this

    log_archive_dest_1='Location=C:\MyOracle\oradata\Ora10g\archive'

not like

    log_archive_dest = 'C:\MyOracle\oradata\Ora10g\archive'

Then as per Leyi suggestion log_archive_start is no longer needed

May be in the future Oracle will remove this parameter for good

SQL> show parameter log_archive_start
NAME                                 TYPE        VALUE
------------------------------------ ----------- ---------------------------
log_archive_start                    boolean     FALSE

SQL> select * from v$version
  2 ;

BANNER

Oracle Database 10g Enterprise Edition Release 10.1.0.2.0 - Prod PL/SQL Release 10.1.0.2.0 - Production
CORE 10.1.0.2.0 Production
TNS for 32-bit Windows: Version 10.1.0.2.0 - Production NLSRTL Version 10.1.0.2.0 - Production

SQL> archive log list

Database log mode              Archive Mode
Automatic archival             Enabled
Archive destination            C:\MyOracle\oradata\Ora10g\archive
Oldest online log sequence     1
Next log sequence to archive   3
Current log sequence           3