For those who have installed 9i on RedHat EL4

From: Janine Sisk <janine_at_furfly.net>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 21:06:18 -0700

I recently did this install, and my sys admin says that ever since he installed that long list of compat RPMs for me the up2date database on this system has been fubar'd and he can no longer install anything via up2date. He is very peeved and seems to think that this is somehow my fault. :)

Has this happened to anyone else? If so, did you figure out how to fix it? He says he has tried the directions RedHat gives for rebuilding the database but it didn't help, so he thinks that one or more of the RPMs was bad in some way.

thanks,

janine