RE: RAC auto/stop start of instances

From: John Clarke <jclarke_at_centroidsys.com>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 23:31:02 -0400

We also do homegrown scripts for 9i, like David says, but on a 10g (10.1.0.4) cluster with CRS & ASM on RedHat Linux, we let init launch CRS, which in turn launches the nodeapps, instances, and service for the cluster. In cases of a node eviction (i.e., loss of server), we need to manually restart the service to get the listener on the surviving nodes to recognize the re-joining of the previously failed node, but I'm not sure if this is the way it's supposed to work or not.