Re: DBA_TEMP_FILES.MAXBYTES is wrong

From: Tim Gorman <tim_at_evdbt.com>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 09:54:34 -0600

Check out MetaLink note #6224.1 (entitled "Alert: Sparse files and Oracle"). It should explain the basic situation.
For what it might be worth, I've attached a script that I use for detecting file-systems that are "oversubscribed" due to the use of "sparsely-populated files" with Oracle tempfiles. No warranty -- your mileage may vary...