Re: BG Process username setting

From: Oracle <all_about_oracle_at_hotpop.com>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 15:24:01 +0800

Only Steve Adams caliber know Oracle Internally, can't help you to achieve your request...

  select nvl(username, 'My BG Process') Process from v$session;

  Thanx. But this will show My BG Process in place of blank username and that too in the current session only. My requirement is to replace the username permanently. Say whoever will check the v$session view will get the specified username as the owner of that session. In other words naming BG Process and the names will be permanent.

  Can we do that?

  On 5/31/05, Oracle <all_about_oracle_at_hotpop.com> wrote:     select nvl(username, 'My BG Process') Process from v$session;