RE: pay_balance_values_v (ORACLE APPS HRMS) problem; OAUG DBSIG marketing warning.

From: Mark W. Farnham <mwf_at_rsiz.com>
Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 08:57:52 -0400

The OAUG DBSIG is holding a meeting during the OAUG Connection Point 2005 Conference (aka The OAUG global conference for 2005.) For folks in your situation I can't think of a better place to be. In the first place, it is quite likely you'll meet someone who has already solved your exact problem. In the second place, you'll very likely learn how to apply scientific, unlikely to de-support you, techniques to find and fix performance problems in code you can't touch.

You'll be able to return to your company and say that the types of things you propose to do are commonly supported by Oracle, and you'll probably learn how to submit e-business suite performance enhancement requests to Oracle in a way that makes it as easy as possible for Oracle to act on your request.

In general I have found that Oracle never really intends to make life hard for us.

Regards,

Mark W. Farnham
Director, OAUG
Vice Chair, OAUG DBSIG