RE: agility programming and DBA's?

From: Mercadante, Thomas F (LABOR) <Thomas.Mercadante_at_labor.state.ny.us>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 11:19:39 -0400

Michael,

This RAD approach is interesting. What has happened is that most systems are so small either in the number of users or the amount of data that proper database design really doesn't matter any more. The hardware is so strong(ie: fast) that a bad database design just does not have the impact that it would have if there were thousands of users or terabytes of data.

I disagree with it, but that is the way of the world -=20

"Lets do it wrong fast so that we can hurry up and fix it right later".

Topm