system stats (9205) - can they go stale?

From: Teehan, Mark <mark.teehan_at_csfb.com>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 18:39:56 +0800

Hi all
I have a query on a simple table of a few thousand rows that suddenly takes minutes instead of < 1 sec; and it is only slow when called from a procedure. One suspicion is that the system stats are stale; I know queries on this DB used to drag without the system stats. Is there any way to tell if the optimizer has suddenly decided that it doesnt like the contents of sys.aux_stat$ any more?

Rgds
Mark

This message is for the sole use of the intended recipient. If you received this message in error please delete it and notify us. If this message was misdirected, Credit Suisse, its subsidiaries and affiliates (CS) do not waive any confidentiality or privilege. CS retains and monitors electronic communications sent through its network. Instructions transmitted over this system are not binding on CS until they are confirmed by us. Message transmission is not guaranteed to be secure.