DB Link Help

From: Freeman, Donald <dofreeman_at_state.pa.us>
Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 16:17:02 -0400

I once had this and now can't find it. I know that you can connect = through a db link using the entire tns connect string for the link. I = don't remember if it had to be predefined or not. I was troubleshooting = a link at the time and stumbled across the syntax but now can't find it. =  I've been having trouble with a link being unavailable the first time = its is used after the db has been down. I am thinking that I want to = either create it at run time or just use the entire connect string in a = script. Can anyone share some examples or the syntax for this? =20

Don Freeman
Database Administrator 1
Pennsylvania Dept of Health
Bureau of Information Technology