Re: Tablespace dropped - Recovery Scenario ?

From: Vitalis Jerome <vitalisman_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 15:12:35 +0200

On 5/25/05, Prem <premjhere_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Eric.

>=20

> let me confirm : nothing can be done on PROD as such.
> and the only possible way is as i mentioned in
> my first mail . isn't it ?
You may be able to perform tablespace-point-in-time recovery on prod (involving the use of an auxiliary instance on your prod server),
provided the related tablespaces are candidates to this procedure (see info regarding SYS.TS_PITR_CHECK in RMAN doco). Don't forget to export the current content of these tablespaces if they have been recreated in the meanwhile!

RMAN TSPITR automates the recovery and switch of the tablespaces from the auxiliary to the target database.

HTH
Jerome