dumping logfile, lost time and trigger invalidations

From: rjamya <rjamya_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 07:19:01 -0400

Hi all,
on Monday we has a bizzire incident on the DB, ended up shooting the pmon because even 'connect / as sysdba' wouldn't connect for over 6 minutes.' Anyways, once the system was up, I was mining the logs to find any useful bit of information. And I have couple of questions ...

  1. are trigger (database level) invalidations recorded anywhere.
  2. if so, where can I find it?
  3. if not so, how do I find out more about it?

i am almost sure one of the trigger invalidations were cause because if you ctrl+c on a local sqlplus session trying to connect, it would create a trace file with 'problem compiling trigger' and fail with ora-604. However, we were not able to find out which trigger became invalid and why.

Also this incident happend at about 11:47am. One second instance (it's a RAC), a completed logfile was available with a timestamp of 12:50pm. When I dump this logfile (using logminer and alter system), nothing is recorded after 11:27am. Whatever happened to the lost time? I am sure there must be something there, but Oracle is _unable_ to display it to me.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance

ps: BTW, CTOUG hosted Jonathan Lewis yesterday for one day seminar, and it was a blast. He talked about locks/latches and how to go about troubleshooting the systems. It was a great learning experience.

Raj

select standard_disclaimer from company_requirements where category = 'MANDATORY';