RE: sequential read on full-table scan?

From: Martic Zoran <zoran_martic_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 01:23:44 -0700 (PDT)

Cary,

Thank you a lot.
I could not cover all test cases yesterday so easy because of no time and non-easy ways to trace parallel slave processes.
So I asked you/oracle-l list.

I just wanted to get more info about the direct path read associating with the parallel slaves from the master.
What is on the net is very scattered and in some cases
wrong. Also, very hard to find out anything about it except usual copied sentences from Oracle docs.

But it looks my old knowledge about it did not change.
So all blocks are going always to the PGA regardless of the cache.

Regards,
Zoran

Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Small Business - Try our new Resources site http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/resources/