RE: duplicate command to clone database to another host

From: <Paula_Stankus_at_doh.state.fl.us>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 15:36:43 -0400

Thanks Ruth,

I have actually accomplished a duplication before by using a full backup. So I am not sure why incremental level 0 is necessary. I do a full database backup which apparently gets the controlfile, I then archivelog current all, then backup the archives and remove archives from the file system so that seems to match what you are doing.

I think it is the until time that I needed and how to find out the exactly correct one and thank you sooo much for the rman sql to see and the advice on setting the until time (plus one second). I will try that and let you know.

Thanks again Ruth.

You're the best!