RE: duplicate command to clone database to another host

From: <Paula_Stankus_at_doh.state.fl.us>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 15:10:27 -0400

I am using the duplicate command in RMAN to duplicate a database to another server.

I have not specified set until time but I wish to have to go to the last night's backup which is run at 3:00 according to the crontab job.

When I recover without using any set until time I get errors that state that there are missing log files. When I copy over the existing archive files from the production server they are at a much later release then what is being requested during recovery of the "duplicate" database.

So - those archivelogs are not online.

Should I set the set until to get the hot backup from last night and what should I set the time to - 3:00 a.m. or later??

Are those logs actually backed up?

How can I be sure that my database full backup gets all the necessary logs so I can recover from the last night's backup?

Thanks,
Paula