RE: Resolving dblinks

From: Rudy Zung <Rudy.Zung_at_efi.com>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 11:14:01 -0400

Here's the chain of events:

Client SQLPlus logs in using client's TNS settings (TNS_Admin to = client's
TNSNAMES.ORA)
Client then uses a db link:

   Database must already have database link created    Database open new connection specified by db link by using database server's TNSNames.ora

In other words, since the database link is being opened by the database server, only the TNS settings on the server itself are important; the database cannot see what TNS environment the SQLPlus client is running = under.

...Rudy