RE: BITMAP index cost 10053 trace

From: Barr, Stephen <Stephen.Barr_at_BSkyB.com>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 14:37:17 +0100

Is the formula available anywhere?

-----Original Message-----
From: Wolfgang Breitling [mailto:breitliw_at_centrexcc.com] Sent: 24 May 2005 12:26
To: Stephen.Barr_at_BSkyB.com
Cc: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Re: BITMAP index cost 10053 trace

At 02:33 AM 5/24/2005, Barr, Stephen wrote:
>I'm trying to resolve how the CBO has come up with the cost of 9131 in the
>10053 extract below.
>

>If the formula is blevel + FF*leaf_blocks + FF*clustering_factor then the
>cost comes out as 11 - how does it then jump to 9131? I'm assuming the cost
>calculationfor bitmap indexes is very different?

I'm assuming you are right. :-)

Regards

Wolfgang Breitling
Centrex Consulting Corporation
www.centrexcc.com

Information in this email may be privileged, confidential and is intended exclusively for the addressee. The views expressed may not be official policy, but the personal views of the originator. If you have received it in error, please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete it from your system. You should not reproduce, distribute, store, retransmit, use or disclose its contents to anyone. Please note we reserve the right to monitor all e-mail communication through our internal and external networks.