Re: How NOT to EXPort a specific table when FULL=Y?

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 04:25:26 +0000

On 05/23/2005 08:26:10 PM, Paul Drake wrote:
> On 5/23/05, Marquez, Chris <cmarquez_at_collegeboard.org> wrote:

>=20

> IIRC, someone posted about 7 weeks ago about having a few tables with
> corrupt blocks tha they could not repair. They rewrote the export
> views to exclude those tables (an unsupported act), exported the
> database and rebuilt from the dump files.
>=20

> since your database is healthy, that doesn't seem like the way to go.
>=20

> Paul

>=20

Maybe it's just me, but I would generate the list of tables by something li= ke

select owner||'.'||table_name||',' from dba_tables where owner not like 'SYS%';

The output can be spooled to a text file and processed by your favorite scripting language whose name doesn't contain the letters 'y' or 'w' to=20 generate the parameter file for the export and eliminate undesired tables. The real solution, of course, would be some kind of EXCLUDE parameter, but there is no such thing in version 9. Note that the necessary=20 requirements on the language eliminates python, ruby and awk, thus leaving you with practical extraction and report language.

--=20
Mladen Gogala
Oracle DBA