Re: How NOT to EXPort a specific table when FULL=Y?

From: Paul Baumgartel <paul.baumgartel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 18:29:27 -0400

Chris,=20

Do you really mean FULL=3DY, as in the entire *database*? If you do, then you're out of luck: full database export is all or nothing.

If, OTOH, you mean an entire schema, then following Dennis's suggestion of listing just the tables you want means that you will not get stored code objects. In that case, try doing a schema export with rows=3Dn to get all objects, then another with your list of tables.=20 Import the first one, (optionally) drop the huge table, disable all FKs and triggers, then import the second one with ignore=3Dy. Finally, enable FKs and triggers and you're done.

Paul

On 5/23/05, Marquez, Chris <cmarquez_at_collegeboard.org> wrote:
> Have a HUGE table that I do NOT want to EXPort,
> but other that I would like *everything* else...FULL=3DY.

>=20

> Any ideas?
>=20

> Thanks in advance,