Re: CPU April 2005 patching madness

From: Wolfgang Breitling <breitliw_at_centrexcc.com>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 13:46:50 -0600

Jared,

are you familiar with Mark Russinovich's (http://www.sysinternals.com/) Windows utilities, particularly Process Explorer, Filemon, and Regmon. In your case I would try and monitor oracle during startup with filemon and regmon. Maybe they can show you where Oracle gets the wrong init.ora path from. Or Process explorer after Oracle is started shows some files or dlls open from the wrong home.

At 01:32 PM 5/23/2005, Jared Still wrote:
>A couple of folks have asked about the ORACLE_HOME environment variable.
>When working on Win32 boxes with multiple instances of Oracle I always
>set ORACLE_HOME to the correct location for the database in use.

Regards

Wolfgang Breitling
Centrex Consulting Corporation
www.centrexcc.com