A How-To

From: Burton, Laura <BurtonL_at_frmaint.com>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 10:25:19 -0500

I have a table which has multiple records for one individual. Each record represents a different field, i.e. id 31 represents start time, id 19 represents shift, id 10 represents rate, etc.

012222                                  0 PR
31 700
012222                                  0 PR
19            1ST

012222                                   0 PR
10 10.00

What I want is to have each record to be listed as a column in a select statement so that I have a line that shows the following:

012222              700                   1ST                    10.00

012444              900                   1st                     20.00

etc.

Could someone please advise? I have tried but the closest I've come is not good enough.

SELECT EMPL_ID, (SELECT UDEF_TXT FROM DELTEK.GENL_UDEF WHERE GENL_ID = EMPL_ID AND UDEF_LBL_KEY = 31 ) "START TIME" FROM DELTEK.EMPL, DELTEK.GENL_UDEF WHERE EMPL_ID = '012222' AND EMPL_ID = GENL_ID     EMPL_ID START TIME

012222 700

012222 700

Thank you!! Laura