10g RAC on AIX

From: Mark Brooks <mark_at_foxhillgroup.com>
Date: Sat, 21 May 2005 20:19:13 -0700

We are considering implementing 10g RAC on IBM p5 series running AIX 5.2 or 5.3. Probable configuration is 3 or 4 nodes. Quick review of the documentation suggests we can use ASM and avoid the HACMP components. Is this a viable approach? Any problem areas we need to watch? We are just in the planning stages so all suggestions are welcome.

Thanks