Re: Oracle Financials Question

From: Tim Gorman <tim_at_evdbt.com>
Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 07:11:12 -0600

Tom,

Start with the latest patchset. Patching with E-Biz is a full-time job (no kidding!), so best start out as far ahead as possible...

Be aware of the separation of "apps-tier" and "db-tier". The "db-tier" of E-Biz can be any old generic RDBMS, but that necessitates that everything about E-Biz go into the "apps-tier" (i.e. Forms, portal, concurrent manager). Sometimes, folks like to install ConcMgr into the "db-tier". Personally, I see that as needed only if the load on ConcMgr is so high that the network proves to be a bottleneck. Note the use of the phrase "proves to be"... :-)

You'll be happier with a separate LPAR for the "apps-tier", though it is fairly common to have both tiers on the same LPAR/server in small configurations.

Hope this helps1

-Tim