Clarion CX500 or Sun StorEdge 6920 Storage solution

From: Wiegand, Jeff <Jeff.Wiegand_at_Capella.edu>
Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 14:50:28 -0500

Good day.

We're looking to make a decision on a SAN storage solution shortly. I was wondering if anyone had any insights or preferences regarding these two products. We'll be using snapshot functionality to refresh our dev, qa, and stg environments. We're running with a high-available 3-node RAC with Data Guard solution on Windows, moving to Solaris this summer. Our standby is hosted at our facilities and production off-site, with a hosting provider.=20

We're also considering the possibility of using SAN replication instead of Data Guard. Is one product glaringly better than the other?

Thanks,

Jeff