Re: Oracle Options

From: Bryan Wells <bunjibry_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 09:38:54 -0600

We are running EE, the research I have done, and i have confirmed from Oracle that all "payable" options are set to true upon install. however, i would agree that if you choose not to create OLAP or Spatial, you probably wouldnt have it turned on. but this is an assumption since i didnt really pay attention on the last software install i did.  Now the problem arises when Oracle comes in for an audit. doh...  Doc ID: Note:149016.1
Subject: [9.0.1.0 <http://9.0.1.0/>] Generic Server README for Oracle9i Type: README
Content Type: TEXT/X-HTML
Creation Date: 08-JUN-2001
Last Revision Date: 19-JUN-2001
and

Oracle9i Database Release 2 Product Family: http://oracle.ittoolbox.com/browse.asp?c=OraclePeerPublishing&r=http%3A%2F%2Fotn%2Eoracle%2Ecom%2Fproducts%2Foracle9i%2Fpdf%2F9idb%5Frel2%5Fprod%5Ffam%2Epdf

 On 5/18/05, Thomas Day <tomday2_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> No. If you need the data in the database then do a full export, drop
> the database, de-install Oracle, re-install Oracle with the options
> that you want, create a database and import your data.
>
> On the other hand, you might question why you want the options dropped.
>
> As I understand it, partitioning is available only with the Enterprise
> Edition (EE). If you have the Enterprise Edition, then you're paying
> for the Enterprise Edition whether or not you use partitioning.
>
> As always, your milage may varry. Research the options and find out
> if they are priced separately or are just a part of the particular
> edition of the Oracle that you are using. I'm not in procurement so I
> don't have these details handy.

Bryan S Wells - DBA Newbie
bunjibry_at_gmail.com