Install error: IP address cannot be found

From: J. Dex <cemail_219_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 10:44:20 -0400

I am receiving "Errror: Thrown when IP address of a host cannot be determined" while trying to install 9204 client on RHEL3. The error always seems to occur during install portion of the Oracle Internet Directory. I am trying to do the install remotely using XServer (I am able to get xclock without a problem and was able to install it fine on a different server). Anyone run into this before and know what the resolution is?

Various things I have already tried:

Added my ip info to my hosts file on my local computer Added info to /etc/hosts file on the actual server hostname seems to be configured properly on the server hostname info was added to sysctl.conf