Re: 10g System statistics - single and multi

From: Wolfgang Breitling <breitliw_at_centrexcc.com>
Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 14:44:55 -0600

I found that Oracle does not use the new costing formula id mreadtm is not larger than sreadtm. If sreadtm >= mreadtm it reverts back to the the cost formula which uses the adjusted dfmrc value rather than the system statistics mbrc value to estimate the cost of an FTS. That was true for Oracle9i. I have not done extensive work with 10g and things like that can change by patch release.

What you describe would be consistnt with that observation

mreadtm = sreadtm = 1 ==> cost(FTS) = #blocks/adjustedDFMRC = ~1400

mreadtm = 2, sreadtm = 1 ==> cost(fts) = #blocks/mbrc = ~1050

mreadtm = 2, sreadtm = 3 ==> cost(FTS) = #blocks/adjustedDFMRC = ~1400

--
Regards

Wolfgang Breitling
Centrex Consulting Corporation