RE: backup up archivelogs

From: <Paula_Stankus_at_doh.state.fl.us>
Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 09:01:10 -0400

We have redo members mirrored on multiple file systems. We write the redos to an archive log. We backup the database in full along with archivelogs each night.

The problem is that if the entire box goes down or we loose the RAID for archives we would only be able to restore/recover to the previous night.

I am considering backing up archivelogs to tape immediately as they are filled up. =20

Anyone doing this and their thoughts on gotchas/caveats/best practices?

Thanks,
Paula