** logical standby data changes apply

From: A Joshi <ajoshi977_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 11:45:17 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

  I have setup a logical standby database and data from primary is going to standby. I have setup the log archive location for standby to use LGWR and it seems to be writing to standby site. However it is not applying the redo log immediately. It seems to be waiting for the log switch to apply the log. So there is delay between primary and secondary. I would like to have the standby updated immediately without waiting for log switch. Is there some setting I am missing. The manual does talk about log transport services and specifies how to transport redo log instead of archive log. I did not find anything related to applying redo log as they come. So I do not know if it is possible. Or if there are ways to make it happen. One way would be to have frequent log switch but that would create other issues. So apart from forcing very frequent log switches is there a way workaround?

Thanks for your help.

Yahoo! Mail Mobile

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Mon May 16 2005 - 14:49:54 CDT