shrink a raw veritas volume (with an oracle datafile on it naturally)

From: Connor McDonald <mcdonald.connor_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 17:20:56 +0800

Hi all,

Assuming you've got a (say) 4g datafile on a 4g raw veritas volume, then after you've shrunk the datafile to (say) 3g, then is there anything that prohibits you from shrinking the veritas volume back down to 3g (plus a little bit) as well ?

I just got asked and replied "yes", but I've just done a quick double-check of the docs.

Whilst the veritas docs wax lyrical about how cool they're product is because they can shrink volumes with file systems on it etc etc, there's nothing that specifically says you can (or are allowed to) do it with a raw volume (that has a datafile on it).

Any takers ?
--=20
Connor McDonald
=3D=3D

email: connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com
web: http://www.oracledba.co.uk

"Semper in excremento, sole profundum qui variat"