FW: xml in Oracle8

From: Michael Kline <mkline1_at_comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 15:41:49 -0400

Anyone got any thoughts on this? This is Sun and 8.1.7.4.

I installed Java and xml but the developer is still having problems.

Metalink has very little to offer.

From: Cramer, John

To: Michael Kline
Subject: RE: xml in Oracle8

I think we're getting very close. I can see all the xml related packages now in Sys and they even have nice intellisense popping up in TOAD. But it looks like it can't find where some java classes are installed. I included 2 examples; I tried to use the DBMS_XMLQuery package and the XMLGen package, but both got an error below from a java class. I checked the javains1.log file, and found those class names all over the place, so I guess they are there somewhere, maybe it's just not finding them??

When I run this:

 declare
queryCtx DBMS_XMLQuery.ctxType;
result clob;
begin

DBMS_JAVA.set_output (1000000);
dbms_output.put_line('here1');
queryCtx := DBMS_XMLQuery.newContext('select 1 from dual'); dbms_output.put_line('here2');
result := DBMS_XMLQuery.getXML(queryCtx); DBMS_XMLQuery.closeContext(queryCtx);

exception when others then
dbms_output.put_line(substr(sqlerrm,1,255)); end;

I get this DBMS_OUTPUT:

here1
ORA-29540: class oracle/xml/sql/query/OracleXMLStaticQuery does not exist

When I run this:

declare
queryCtx varchar2(20);
result clob;
begin

DBMS_JAVA.set_output (1000000);

queryCtx := 'select 1 from dual';
dbms_output.put_line('here1');
result := XMLGen.getXML(queryCtx);
dbms_output.put_line('here2');

exception when others then
dbms_output.put_line(substr(sqlerrm,1,255)); end;

I get this DBMS_OUTPUT:

here1
ORA-29540: class OracleXMLStore does not exist