Re: force a title to print in sqlplus

From: Vitalis Jerome <vitalisman_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 16:18:03 +0200

On 5/13/05, Ruth Gramolini <rgramolini_at_tax.state.vt.us> wrote:
> Good morning all,
> One of my developers wants to know if there is a way to force the ttitle =
> print on a report even if no rows are found. Does anyone know how to do
> this?

>=20

> You will make me a hero if I get an answer,
> Ruth

Hi!

Maybe by adding a computation on the report (the chosen column must have a not null constraint):

SQL> ttitle Hello
SQL> break on report
SQL> compute count of empno on report
SQL> select * from emp where 1=3D0;

Fri May 13                                                             page=

    1

                                     Hello

     EMPNO ENAME      JOB              MGR HIREDATE         SAL       COMM

    DEPTNO

         0

no rows selected

SQL>