RE: Who Write Undo Information From The DbCache To The Physically UndoDatafile.

From: Christian Antognini <Christian.Antognini_at_trivadis.com>
Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 11:08:45 +0200

Hi Sheldom

>When you issue a DML statement to change data, the server
>process first saves the old values in a rollback segment.
>
>Sever Process....This Happening From The Buffer To The=20
>Datafile Or Rollback Segments.
>
>How Can U Justifiy This..

It really depends on how you read it...=20

The problem is defining the term "saves". According to your = interpretation saving something in the rollback segment is writing it to = disk. For somebody else could be modifying the block and generating the = necessary redo information. Anyway, since it's not saying the server = process writes in the datafiles, I see no problem.

HTH
Chris