RE: [dba_gurus] How to load & extract an Image(TIF) file into/from Oracle-BLOB?

From: Justin Cave (DDBC) <jcave_at_ddbcinc.com>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 19:49:27 -0600

First, error numbers and a code sample would be helpful.

Second, you need to be using 9i or later to be able to read & write binary data via UTL_FILE. You also need to use the PUT_RAW function rather than using PUT.

That doesn't explain the file handle error-- are you sure that you opened the file first?

Justin Cave <jcave_at_ddbcinc.com>
Distributed Database Consulting, Inc.
http://www.ddbcinc.com