RE: Who Write Undo Information From The DbCache To The Physically UndoDatafile.

From: Powell, Mark D <mark.powell_at_eds.com>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 09:47:40 -0400

 The DBA Administration manual has an entire chapter on managing UNDO and the Concepts manual introduces the Oracle Read Consistency model. Read these.

Then you will see that rollback segment or undo segment blocks are data blocks just like any other data blocks and get read into and written from the buffer cache.

HTH -- Mark D Powell --