Finding the Service Name on 9i

From: Teehan, Mark <mark.teehan_at_csfb.com>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 15:47:28 +0800

Hello all:
I am consolidating a number of applications to a single database. I want to use the SERVICE_NAME feature to set current_schema for the appropriate application. I have created services_names (in the spfile) for the various applications, and corresponding tnsnames.ora entries that specify these various service names. They all work. So far so good. How can I query which service_name a session connected to on 9i? In 10g I can use dba_services - but I cannot find anything on 9i, even in the murky depths of sys views and fixed tables. The *only* place I see it is in the server listener.log, and in a brief moment of weakness considered loading this to the database (somehow) to identify the service names of incoming connections. This is not RAC, I just want to use service_names & the tnsnames.ora to transparently identify which application a user connection is to be directed to .

Does anyone know a way to do this?

Thanks!
Mark

This message is for the sole use of the intended recipient. If you received this message in error please delete it and notify us. If this message was misdirected, CSFB does not waive any confidentiality or privilege. CSFB retains and monitors electronic communications sent through its network. Instructions transmitted over this system are not binding on CSFB until they are confirmed by us. Message transmission is not guaranteed to be secure.