Re: 10g and OEM same machine

From: Oracle <all_about_oracle_at_hotpop.com>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 11:21:51 +0800

Hi Sandra and Jesse,

My first attempt is install Oracle 10g, (Ok), DB created test select something from dictionary table, everything looks ok.

Then I install OEM (same machine, I mean actually is my notebook Win XP pro) OEM create a database I think is 9i DB, the OEM overwrite all my 10g setting,
OEM create its own Oracle Home and the system environment, now my 10g can't work anymore,

Now I try to merge them together

I try to use one listener so I merge the OEM listener and 10g listener, Then I change the Oracle home to 10g (since this is the latest version).

When I try to start OracleEM at OracleAS, it hang... I just have to uninstall everything and do it once more.

Anything wrong with my approach?

Regards,
Siera

If you plan on using a 10g database for your OEM, you will need to install your Enterprise Database Server software first. Then you will install the Enterprise Manager software. You will need to use separate Oracle Homes for each. During the install of the Enterprise Manager software, it will create a third ORACLE_HOME for the agent software.

I still haven't got the install to work using an existing 10G database for the repository database. If you choose to create a repository database during the install of the Enterprise Manager software, it will default to a 9i Release 1 database.

Hope this helps.

Sandra Arnold
Principal DBA
NCI Information Systems