RE: Optimizer change from 8i-9i

From: Mark W. Farnham <mwf_at_rsiz.com>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 17:40:48 -0400

Also, at some release _undo_optimizer_changes was deprecated, so even though the RBO code had stopped changing, you could no longer switch it between the "paleolithic" behavior and the "jurassic" behavior. As to exactly what the difference was, I'm afraid I'd have to reference dormant gray cells that would be annoyed at getting wakened. That the change in question was catastrophic to certain prehistoric Oracle Applications releases I am certain of; the newer RBO across that change made some dirty trick hand tweaked batch job queries go to hell in a hand cart for a long stay. Needless to say, the Apps division couldn't instantly repair them all.

Far more likely is changing in tie breaker order from the timestamps, as Christian has mentioned. And if the last time _undo_optimizer_changes worked was pre-7.3, then this whole message is a no-op.

Regards,

mwf